Top 5 methods your company can gain from social networksSocial media is a buzzword around the Houston Business Journal offices nowadays as our Social Madness competitors heats up and as we continue to improve the newsroom's online presence.
Social Madness motivates regional businesses to step up their social media game and get individuals engaged with their companies, beginning with a Houston-only competition that will send 3 finalists from our location into a national event.
I'm frequently asked why social networks matters, and how something seemingly so nebulous to some individuals can be so crucial.
Social media helps improve all the standard pillars of excellent business, such as engaging with the public, converting on-the-fence observers into revenue-generating customers, and attending to client service issues.
Here are five of the most significant advantages to social media:
1. Customer engagement. A simple search on a social media website is the very best start. If you're aiming to introduce your company, a search can help you find a community of individuals thinking about your field. If individuals are currently talking about your brand, you can participate in the discussion. If the discussion is positive, present a call to action to motivate people to buy. If you hear a negative comment, fend off those prospective hazards by setting the record directly. The very best part? Social media is conversational in nature, so individuals wish to talk. Connect, and you'll be pleased with the results.
2. Revenue creation. Social network broadens your direct exposure, increases traffic to your site, creates interest in what you sell, and provides you the chance to offer promotions or specials to seal the deal. The social media site Pinterest is a fantastic example of how social media can help you satisfy revenue objectives. Inning accordance with information from Emily Carr University of Art and Design pointed out in the Harvard Business Review, almost 1 in 5 Pinterest users "pin" something they later on purchase online. Information from shopify.com discovered that buyers described an online site from Pinterest are 10 percent more likely to buy.
But not just retailers can benefit from social media. Check out American Express's content marketing campaign, Open Forum. AmEx created an online community of articles and resources for business owners, sponsored by the brand but not directly selling anything. The goal is to provide a service and then develop commitment that will move to other business deals.
3. Structure commitment. Clients how social media can benefit your business are more likely to stay with your brand if they trust you. Social media can boost this. If you can reveal that your business lives by its values, people with the exact same values will respond-- and those images of your workplace Halloween celebration play a role, providing a peek of your personality to make your company stand out.
Social network boosts the relationship with customers by establishing open lines of communication. If a customer tweets a concern or problem about a brand name and is instantly answered, that actually reinforces the bond with the brand name. Be present in the dialogue and customers will value it.
4. Idea leadership. You can connect with your fans and fans, and satisfy new ones, by dropping the salesmanship and taking part in an intellectual conversation about your area of expertise. Franklin Templeton Investments is a fine example of a company utilizing Facebook advantageously. The company's Facebook page posts valuable tidbits like real-time market updates, quotes from Benjamin Franklin and connect to longer article written by investors. Not every post straight involves the trading of bonds or stocks, but by supplying insight to financiers, a firm can show that it understands what it's talking about, and individuals might consider working with it the next time.
5. Seo. As much as word-of-mouth works, many people go straight to Google to look for exactly what they need. Having active accounts on various social networks websites can help place your company greater in page rankings and more likely to show up in a search.
Believe you're prepared to get begun? Think you need help beefing up exactly what you currently have? Hope you'll watch for my continuing series of posts about how finest to obtain going on various social networks websites.